Friday, October 9, 2009

Gavin- 7 Months, 1 week

(note: post was written last week but I didn't post until today)
I meant to write a post last week when Gavin turned 7 months but it didn't happen. I have to get better at documenting little milestones that Nick and I enjoy. Gavin has mastered the art of pulling himself up. I am amazed at his upper body strength. He can go from a seated position to a standing position by using his arms. He uses his legs most of the time but there are times when he uses just his arms. He is strong enough to hang from the dining table! We didn't test this on purpose but since he tries to climb everything we ended up learning this tidbit. His balance is pretty remarkable. I'm surprised that he is able to stand up by the coffee table, play with a toy with both hands and not fall backwards. Even when he crawls and he turns around when you call his name, sometimes it looks like he's going to tip over but he doesn't.
Gavin said da-da for the first time today. Sometimes it's ba-ba but it's super cute when he says it non-stop. It's absolute adorable to look at his mouth when he's saying the words because he moves his mouth in very funny ways to get the sounds out. My mom says he now says pa-pa although I still think it's a ba-ba. No meaning is attached to these words yet, they're just fun to hear.

Gavin attended his first parade on Sunday. It was the gay pride parade in downtown. He enjoyed the colors and music. Disney was there and it was a pretty family-friendly event alongside the farmer's market. I do have some pictures to post, I just left the disc at home. While at Lake Eola we put Gavin on the baby swings for the first time. He kept leaning forward which made me a bit uneasy. We put him in for a couple of swings just for the pictures and moved-on. I think he's too little for them still although when I leaned him back and swung him a bit more he did seem to enjoy it and not be distracted by the chains (he wanted to eat them at first). More importantly he did not throw up afterwards which may be a sign that maybe Nick's motion sickness was not passed down to Gavin.

No comments: