Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gavin's First Birthday Party!

I don't have any pictures of the party because I left the picture taking to the grandparents. They do a better job of it than I do. The party was great. I think everyone had a fun time, young or old. The whole day went a lot better than we ever expected.
For the first time today, Gavin had his own mini cupcake (carrot cake with cream cheese frosting- that I removed for the most part) and dairy milk. He enjoyed both. I thought he would make a big deal about the milk but he didn't seem to notice a difference. Yesterday I gave him soy milk just because I was afraid of giving him lactose milk since his formula is lactose-free. He liked soy milk too. I don't know what the exact protocol is for switching milk at this stage. I suppose going to soy and dairy within 24 hours is probably not a good idea. I'll get the scoop as to what milk he should be having on Thursday when we visit the doctor for the 12 month check-up.
Anyhow, I thought I'd post a link to Nick's mom's blog where she posted some pictures of the birthday party until I can get some more pics up.

No comments: