Saturday, June 12, 2010

Green News

I received my recycling newsletter from Orange County and I learned something so I thought I'd pass it along.

Target will be placing recycling stations at the front of all of their stores. They will accept aluminum, glass, plastic beverage containers, plastic bags, MP3 players, cell phones and ink cartridges. In addition, they also offer a 5 cents discount for every reusable bag that you use (for your purchases).

Publix already has the plastic bags recycling station where they take any plastic bag, not just Publix bags. In addition, they take newspaper bags, dry cleaning bags, and bread bags! I did not know that it also included these types of plastic bags.

Also, I know many of you don't have a Whole Foods near by but if you do, they will accept your used corks. These are then turned in to recyclable wine shippers, cork floor tiles, and other cork products (www.corkreharvest.org)

So, there you go...just a few more ways to make a difference.

No comments: