Given the experiences of the morning rush that went down this week, I am implementing the following attire rules in our house (which will mostly apply to Ellie who is the one who throws the most tantrums about clothing and shoes).
1. White socks for everyone. No more character socks or print socks. ALL WHITE!
2. No character shoes for everyone, boys or girl. All neutral colors and no characters.
3. One pair of shoes out at a time. They have too many darn choices and it's driving me crazy. I made a mistake with Ellie and I need to do damage control so from now on I will only buy her white tennis to wear to school. Glitter TOMS NEVER again! (even though there's already a pair of them in the next size waiting in the closet.....it was a lapse in judgment on my part, got carried away and now I'm paying for it.)
4. No character clothing. All neutral, all the time. Again, the morning struggle is not worth it.
And my rant is over......my life needs to get easier, not harder, and I think this small adjustment will accomplish that, at least in the mornings.
1 comment:
I can imagine! Growing up we had a handful of clothes. So that wasn't a problem. Then with Nick and Aaron, I bought their clothes and again, they wore what I gave them. We want our children to make decisions and good choices, but with a busy 2 working parent household, clothing should be the least of your problems. Sometimes you have to reflect back on the simpler lifestyles and call the shots. The kids will have plenty of decisions and choices later.
SUGGESTION
Maybe add to the night time routine for them to lay out their clothes when they get their back packs ready for the next day.
Love
Mary-mom
Post a Comment