Tuesday, December 6, 2016

October Pictures

October was a busy month. Both sets of grandparents visited us in October. It was a great month.




 Abuela riding the train in Chicago

 We couldn't bring my mom to downtown Chicago and not take her to Macy's. This Macy's has a special roof unique in the world. Below are the pictures of an amazing Tiffany glass mosaic unveiled in 1907. It's the largest in the world with over 1 million single tiles. Construction was supervised by Mr. Tiffany himself.



 We tried to pick apples again with Abuela and Abuelo but they had closed the "pick your own apples" orchard due to overwhelming demand. If they allowed people to pick anymore, the store wouldn't have enough to make the stuff they sell. But we still got to walk around the orchard and take it in.
 My parents were here to attend my cousin's wedding in Indiana. My mom and I got manicures for the wedding and Ellie was jealous so she ended up getting one too. She was so good through it all.
 Abuela and Abuelo at the wedding.

 Fall Leaves Clean-up





 Gavin has been practicing piano all on his own.
 Practicing our handstands







 The pretty leaves in the background
 Hitting the jackpot trick or treating (as of 12/6/16, the halloween candy is still in a basket since that night. They didn't ask for it later and I didn't remind them. They're our treats now. :)





 I'm really proud of Gavin. The week before Halloween we went to one of his friends' houses and the kids had all of the "real" Harry Potter costume stuff (like from Universal Studios). He hadn't seen those types of costumes before and didn't know they existed. I thought for sure he would ask me to buy him the licensed Harry Potter costume but he never said a word about it. Then at his school parade, there were many other Harry Potter costumes. That night, he told me, "I like my costume. There were many Harry Potters but mine was the only one that was unique. All the other kids had the ones from the store but I made mine." I felt so much better after that. Here, I was thinking that he would feel deprived but it was the complete opposite.



No comments: