This weekend we have been at West Palm Beach on a mini-vacation with my parents. Going on vacation with a child is so much work. Nick and I are still trying to figure out if it's worth it. These days a vacation= staying home doing nothing. We had to pack everything we think we'd need while we were out with Gavin. Surprisingly, the Jeep wasn't all that packed. I thought it'd be packed so high, Nick wouldn't be able to see out the back window.
Now that we are here, I realize that I did overpack a bit. However, I would've been upset if we didn't pack as we did. I need to give Nick credit for packing all of Gavin's stuff while I was at work. He didn't forget anything.
We took Gavin to the beach late in the afternoon. It was really hot during the day so we waited until the sun was milder to take Gavin outside. I chose not to get him wet with beach water because he has a new rash on his chest that looks like it may be fungal in nature so I didn't want to upset the skin any further. Gavin was very intrigued by the waves. Every time he saw the water coming towards us his eyes would widen and he would smirk. He followed the water back and forth. He seemed to enjoy our short time at the beach. It was late afternoon which is usually his winding down time in preparation for nite-nite time. We made our way back to the room but Gavin stopped by to spend time with his daddy at the bar.
We were able to stick to somewhat of a routine even while we were out of our comfort zone. Gavin did very well on the car ride there and back. He slept the entire time. We have a pretty funny story from the ride back home. Gavin fell asleep soon after we put him in the car. We had to stop for gas near Vero and as soon as Nick stopped at the gas station, Gavin woke up and started crying. He cried until Nick came back, turned the car on, and we started moving again. All of a sudden- silence. Coming out of the gas station we hit a red light. When the car stopped, Gavin started crying again. When the light turned green and we started moving, he was quiet again. Once we were back on the highway he fell asleep until we got home. He likes the bumpy Jeep ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment