Friday, May 21, 2010

Gavin's First Boo-Boo :(

We've been lucky so far with Gavin and injuries. He has very good balance and doesn't seem to be as clumsy as I expected a one year old to be. However, on Wednesday at the park he had a run-in with another one year old who is clumsy and it didn't end well. I wasn't there when it happened. Nick was there and he says the other kid was losing balance and just grabbed on to Gavin. Gavin didn't have time to put his hands down so he went down on his face (on the splash pad which is concrete). When Nick told me over the phone I thought "these things happen"....Nick was upset at the other baby's mom for allowing him to be alone in the splash pad when he's obviously not stable enough to be on his own. I didn't judge initially but when I saw Gavin I did get upset. Nick said it happened too fast for him to do anything even though he was next to Gavin. But, Gavin was a tough little guy and only cried until they cleaned him up then he went right back to the splash pad. He has been his happy self since.
The pictures show the recent scrapes although you should know that they are healing well and don't look as bad anymore. But I do have to scrap this moment since it is a first for him.

1 comment:

Mary Fryman Guittar said...

Poor Baby!! Nick called after the fun at the splash park and asked if he and Gavin could come by. He told me about the boo boo, but when I saw it I felt and hurt for Gavin and Nick. I said, "Be prepared, Steph will cry when she sees the injury." I had Grandpa to look at 1 pic, and that was it! He saw about a nano-second of his hurt and Grandpa was physically ill. These things happen,on Mom and Dad watch, but lets hope this is all!
Love,
Mary-Mom