Nick: what do you want for Christmas?
Gavin: A Christmas tree
***
In another occasion..
Nick: Gavin, what do you want for Christmas?
Gavin without hesitation: Junior!
(as in Dale Earnhardt Jr's race car...it's one of the select few that he does not own and for some reason has been obsessed with lately.)
***
We were stopped at a traffic light and there was a McDonald's on the corner.
Gavin: Look, there's a United States flag and a M flag (the mickey D logo on the flag). I want something to eat there.
Nick: how do you know there's food there?
Gavin: I want potatoes and hamburger
As we drive away....
Gavin: I want to eat at the M store.
We don't even go to McDonald's and he knows the type of food they sell. We have been to Wendy's with Gavin and so I guess that's how he recognizes the type of building (drive-thru?) and knows the food. He has since pointed out other fast food buildings and has asked about their food.
***
We took a family trip to the park. The plan was for Nick to wear Liam and watch Gavin at the playground while I ran on the trail path around the playground. I did one loop and when I was passing the playground Gavin wanted to "run with me". I thought he would run a few yards and then give up and want to go back to the playground but he wanted to keep going and going around the entire loop which includes two hill sections. He was running and I was jogging alongside him. He kept saying "we're going really fast on this track". He often pretends to be a race car and go "super fast" so I think that's why he liked it so much b/c he thought it was a track for a race. As we were about halfway I could see he was slowing down so I asked him if he was tired and wanted to walk and he said: "No, I'm not tired. I just need my back-up boosters".
Towards the end of the loop...which by the way is .60 miles...I let him go in front of me so he could "win" and he looked back at me and said "Mama, you need to turn on your back-up booster". :)
Also- as we were running we passed by a few people who were walking/jogging and I felt like I was running with "Buddy The Elf" because as every person walked/jogged by us Gavin would ask "what's your name?".... everyone except for a woman wearing an iPod answered. He also asks every kid at the playground their name and then he calls them by name as if he's known them forever.
***
Gavin needed to use the potty after Nick went to work. Gavin was on the toilet and he pooped and said...
"Daddy is at work.....but he wanted to see my caca. [pause] We can't take it. It has to stay in the potty. but he wanted to see my caca."
[Nick had told him he wanted to see him poop in the potty- rather than on his diaper and I guess Gavin thought Nick meant he wanted to actually see his poop]
***
At the park, Gavin sees a dog sniffing a pine tree shaped like a Christmas tree.
Gavin: Aaww, look at the puppy. That puppy is smelling the Christmas tree.
Owner of dog is smiling at Gavin's observation. Then the dog turns around and starts peeing on the tree. Gavin looked in a bit of shock and said "the puppy is making pee pee on the Christmas tree". The dog owner laughed and said "I'm sorry".
No comments:
Post a Comment