Wednesday, November 9, 2011

LIAM

I really have been slacking in documenting Liam's new developments and he's already 3 months so here are some Liam updates. 
He's talking lots now.  He makes a few letter sounds like "aaaa", "oooo", "uuuu" and a G sound.  He has a love-hate relationship with "B" sounds.  On some days when we say "b-b-b-baby" he cracks up laughing and on other days (or 5 minutes later) the bottom lip will come out in full force at the first B sound.  

Liam is still camera shy....camera angry is more like it.  I have tried so hard to catch his laughter/smile on video and every time I take the camera out, he stops and puts on his "angry" face.

Liam is a morning person.  He's such a happy boy when he first wakes up in the morning.  Lately, he's also started this cute giggle face at the 4am/5am feedings.  He feeds for a little bit and then opens up his eyes and just smiles and coo's.  I just watch and enjoy since I can't really engage with him when it's bedtime or he'll just want to play when he's suppose to sleep.    

Liam still does not like to be put down at all- on his belly or back- but he is doing much better now.  I know he's only 3 months but he is showing signs of "manipulation" if you will.  Every time I put him down he does this fake cry...I call it fake because it's barely a "cry", it's more like moaning/groaning to see if I pick him up and then if I don't pick him up then eventually he stops and then enjoys the view.  He does this regardless of where I put him down- whether there are toys or not.  I used to pick him up right away but now I know the trick. :)  

We just used the bouncer for the first time over the weekend and he really liked it.  He was reaching for the toys--intentionally we think.  He seems to reach for things now although it is still not a controlled movement.  His arms still move erratically sometimes.  The bad thing is that I can't just put Liam in the bouncer so I can do things because Gavin has a renewed love for the bouncer and when Liam plays with it then he wants to play with it.  On the first day he wanted to bounce Liam "higher"!!!!!  Can you say DANGER!?!?  Gavin just doesn't seem to fully grasp that Liam is a fragile baby and can get hurt more easily than he can.   

Liam sleeps well at night but not much during the day.  He is a VERY light sleeper during the day (luckily not at night!) so part of the problem may be that he just doesn't get quiet time during the day because of Gavin.  Gavin doesn't always comply with quiet time for Liam so poor Liam doesn't get many chances to actually sleep during the day.  

Overall, Liam is a pretty easy baby.  I have many names for him....most often I call him "gordi" which is an endearing Spanish version of "fattie" (I mean it with love!).  I also call him Spider Monkey sometimes because of the way his hair sticks out and he holds on to me for dear life!  
I am grateful that I have the opportunity to stay home and care for him.  I do feel I have bonded with Liam much faster than I did with Gavin.  Maybe it's because I'm the main caretaker, maybe it's the breastfeeding, or maybe because I was more mentally and emotionally prepared to handle a baby now but I am enjoying every day with Liam. :)    

No comments: