Gavin wishes everyone Feliz Navidad from the "bottle" of his heart!
First off, I just want to thank everyone who gave us such thoughtful gifts this year. Gavin has enjoyed playing with every single present he received and we are grateful for all of them.
Christmas is definitely better as a parent. I never imagined I would experience such joy just watching Gavin open his presents. I can't wait until next year when it'll be double the fun when Liam is able to open up his own presents. We took close to 400 pictures on our camera alone this weekend so it's difficult to narrow down the favorites. Yet again we forgot to take a family picture of all four of us. We were so busy taking pictures of the boys, we forgot, even though I specifically did my makeup and hair and asked Nick to dress nice because we would take pictures. Oh, well. Hopefully this week we'll have a professional family photo shoot and then there's New Year's Eve- the next "dress up" day.
This year we changed up the locations. For Christmas' Eve we visited Nick's parents and did presents and stockings like we usually did on Christmas Day and then on Christmas day we went to my parents' house in St Cloud, aka "the farm."
CHRISTMAS' EVE Pictures:
The first time I got to dress the boys the same. I love it....I think I want to do this all the time now!
If I knew how to do it, I would put the picture of Gavin holding Liam back in September so you could see the difference. Liam looks like a giant's baby here (my mom's words-not mine :-)
At Grandma and Grandpa Guittar's house:
Gavin gave South Carolina mugs to his grandparents. Gavin is currently obsessed with flags. He loves the South Carolina flag and so he picked these mugs out himself. He knows what the US flag looks like and points it out every time he sees one. Nick took him to Epcot and they picked up flags at the countries they visited so now he also knows Canada, Japan, and UK flags. He also recognizes "IKEA" flags. :)
Gavin opens a Cars/Lightning McQueen digital camera! Grandma and Grandpa open up another present from Gavin. A 2012 calendar full of Gavin's handprint art. It took us about two weeks to complete all the artwork for these calendars but Gavin loved "painting" with his hands.
Gavin testing out the camera and taking a picture of me!Liam enjoying his present from Uncle Aaron.
Nick got Gavin wristbands for when he "Mousekercises". He wore them all day, slept with them on, and wore them today.
Gavin shows off his new "Flo" car. These are very, very rare. We've noticed that there weren't too many of the "girl" cars made perhaps b/c they thought the movie boys wouldn't want to play with the girl cars or girls wouldn't be interested in the Cars movie?!??! I don't know but this was a great find by Grandpa!Nick put funky glasses in everyone's stockings...makes good pictures! :)
CHRISTMAS DAY:
Ever since we've been in FL, Liam has been sleeping until like 9am or so. But on Christmas morning, Liam woke up bright and early as if he got the memo that he was supposed to do that. Gavin, on the other hand, was sound asleep at 8am....and Nick, my mom, and I were patiently waiting for him to wake up by his room door. A little after 8am, we couldn't take it any more so we walked in and that cue'd Gavin to wake up. His first words...."It's so bright inside"...he could've kept sleeping. After he woke up and we talked about what day it was, he was a little out of it but he cooperated with everything we asked him to do and waited patiently until all video cameras were set and ready to record his trip down to the tree. Once he saw the tree, he just smiled. We had to ask him if he knew what had happened. After it set in, he walked up to the tree and asked "Mama, which one is my Jr.?" (that was his one wish for Santa besides a Christmas tree). Gavin didn't go crazy opening presents. He waited for me to hand him each present and he delivered the ones that were not for him to Liam or my parents.
Christmas morning:
Abuela is ready to record.... although next year I may just set up a tripod and let it record. It's hard to enjoy the moment when you're worried about recording and taking pictures.
| Still taking it all in |
Below: if anyone knows about photography...could you please explain to me why is it that when I set up my camera for NO flash, if there's any movement it blurs the picture but if I leave the flash on it's ok? The color in the pics is so much better w/o flash but I'm a little upset that this happened b/c I couldn't get a clear picture of Gavin when he opened up his Jr. :(
| Liam, patiently waiting and enjoying watching his brother open all his presents |
| Liam got a baby Little Einsteins Rocket so they both have their own now. |
| more cars.... |
| Gavin opened this gift, held it up and said "Neat!"....so cute. Dr. Gavin checked all of our heart rates and blood pressures and gave us all medicine. |
| Happy Gavin, it was a Cars Christmas (again) |
| Mom opening up her gift from Mary |
| Liam likes |
Christmas Day at the Farm:
My boys! :)
| Chris and Liam |
| This teether vibrates when Liam chews on it and he LOVES it! Thanks Grandma. |
| Gavin and Isa took turns driving the Jeep around. It was tons of fun watching them. My mom, Maribel and John all got their workouts chasing after them. |
| The Guittars hanging out by the "pig in a box" (roasting box) |
1 comment:
Awesome pic! So bummed we couldn't get together but maybe we can shoot over a visit when you return. Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment