Yesterday, the boys (Nick, Gavin and Liam) along with Grandma Mary departed on their road trip to SC. After a long drive with pit stops at Pollo Tropical for tropichops at lunch and blueberry pancakes at IHOP for dinner, they made it home a little after the usual bedtime. Nick said that Gavin recognized the neighborhood right away and was happy to be going home. He showed off his toys to me in a video Nick sent and Liam was just happy crawling and exploring the "new" place.
I stayed back in Orlando for another week so I can get uninterrupted work time and make some very necessary progress on my dissertation. My mom and I are home alone and the house is SUPER quiet. Yesterday, neither of us could stand being in the house so we made it a girls day and went to IKEA, then Park Ave in Winter Park so we could distract ourselves. Last night was weird. It's very weird to walk by the boys' rooms at night and not see them there. I have to remind myself every time I walk by that they are in SC. Nick is amazing and I know the boys will be fine alone with their daddy. Gavin has his pre-school open house tomorrow. I'm a little sad I miss that but I will be there for the big day- 1st day of pre-school! This week will go by fast and we will soon be back to our normal routine as a family. I look forward to going back to "mom-mode."
1 comment:
Thanks for the "props." We're all doing ok, but we're ready for mama to return.
Love,
Nick
Post a Comment