Friday, May 24, 2013

Strawberry Picking

Earlier today I came across a facebook page for a local farm and the status update asked people to come pick strawberries because they had so many if no one picked them they would just go to waste by week-end.  When I saw the address, I noticed it is not very far from our house at all so after Liam's nap off we went to pick berries.  This was a first for all of us so I didn't know what to expect but we all loved it.  It made Nick and I wish we had some acreage to grow our own food.  I SO BADLY want to have my own edible garden.  The boys would just love it.
We were pleasantly surprised at the price too.  We paid less than the supermarket AND we got the experience out of it.  Best $5 we've spent in a while. :)
Here are the pics:

So, why did we take this picture?  To capture Liam's tantrum and him storming off back to the car because I took away his peanut butter & jelly sandwich.  I took the sandwich away after he fell and didn't brace himself with his hands because he wouldn't let go the sandwich.  This kid and his food--something special!

 He didn't leave the car until I gave him back the sandwich.
 Notice below how Liam is holding on to his sandwich holder--wouldn't give it up to pick strawberries (at first)

 Then Liam noticed Gavin's basket and he wanted some strawberries and a basket for himself....sibling competition.



Where is the strawberry Liam?  "Ahi" 






Ellie made "juice" out of her strawberry









We book ended the trip with a Liam tantrum back to the car when we told him he couldn't eat the berries then but had to wait until we got home to wash them.
But man, was he happy eating them.....

No comments: