This was Gavin's last week of school.
On Tuesday the kids had a water day celebration and today was an indoor "end of year" party. I have no pictures from Tuesday but Gavin got to wear a bathing suit and swim shirt to school because they were going to play outside with water. What we didn't know is that his class was surprised by firefighters who brought their trucks to spray the kids with water while they played in the playground. The pictures at the school were great. They all loved it, except Gavin who said he did not like when the water got in his eyes. I asked him in the car, "what was your favorite part of the day?" expecting him to say the fire truck...his reply: "my favorite part was when I played in the water with Macy." So, I guess the crush is still going on strong.
Today's party was indoors and parents were invited. Gavin made me so proud by picking out fruits and veggies for his snack plate. He ate them as he ate his chocolate ice cream too. I was surprised he ate the raw broccoli but he did and without any dip too. Perhaps I should add that to the list of snacks at home. I am so lucky he is so good about eating good food.
Gavin's pre-school teachers, Ms. Sandy on the left and Ms. Melissa on the right. Gavin often says his favorite is Ms. Melissa "because she's the prettier one"....we've talked to him about this. I think he likes Ms. Melissa because she's the younger one and she's not the "stern" one. Ms. Sandy focuses on the academic work too so I'm sure he prefers the "fun" activities.
I love his teachers and his school. Gavin has learned a lot and has matured so much this year. He also taught his teachers a few things too (e.g. that corn is a grain and not a vegetable). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment