Saturday, August 24, 2013

Beach Summer Vacation 2013: Estero Beach/Fort Myers

I'm long overdue for this post.  I've been meaning to post pictures from our beach vacation for over a month. I want to document this vacation here because it really was a great family week.  The kids (and us) had a blast.  So get ready for picture overload:

 There was a huge tide pool that we had to cross to get to the beach.
 Probably the best family picture we have so far....

 For some reason, when I see this picture (below) I am shocked that there are 3 kids....and they're all mine!

This is Liam....doing what he does. Mr. Independent!



Every one chased Liam at one point. Here's Abuelo making sure he doesn't get too far.


He liked the water....for a little bit.  







Liam loved collecting treasures in his Jake basket.  At Lover's Key, there were so many seashells he decided those were not special enough so he collected random leaves instead.  


Gavin wearing Abuela's sun hat


So rare to capture an expression like this on Liam. He's really a happy child but so hard to get it on "film"


Snuggles with Abuelo

Mr. Cool.  Reminds me of Tom Cruise


"I love you"....and I love that Gavin randomly signs this to me. :) 

Brothers

 Off to explore Estero Key....we noticed there was a hidden pathway at the edge of where it looked like the beach ended and mangroves continued so we explored and found some cool looking spots.


 I loved this spot!


 Movie Theater to see "Turbo" in 3D.  Gavin did great!  He kept his glasses on the entire movie and was only scared in the previews by a dragon movie trailer.  He LOVED this movie (and so did we)...it was just SO Gavin....a snail that wants to race in the Indy 500...perfect!  And what I loved most about it--no romantic love story and a nice message for kids.

 Here we are at Lover's Key.  We had to check it out given that it was rated as a top 10 beach in the US by the Travel Channel.  It wasn't a good beach day for us that day.  The water was choppy and not as clear.  I guess it's top rated because of how secluded it is and for its seashells.  The entire beach is covered in seashells--really hard to walk on barefoot.  Honestly, we were not impressed.  As my mom said, Puerto Rico has better beaches.
 Below, it's the typical Liam picture.  The boy hates pictures.  He doesn't like to pose and we just can't seem to capture the "true Liam" on camera.  Although Liam is super happy, super cute and adorable, we rarely get that on camera.  Instead we get this....
 Best part of the condo...eating in the balcony. The view and the breeze were awesome.

Japanese Style picture! :)




The pictures below are obviously taken at my parent's house and not at the beach but I think I had forgotten to post pictures of Gavin decorating his brother's birthday cake so here they are.


Liam's 2nd birthday cake- made by Mama and decorated by Gavin

1 comment:

Christina and David said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a wonderful time.