Ellie is now 8 months. She's grown up since I last took a picture of her in her chair. Her head sticks out the top now!
The picture below may not look like a "good" picture....but it shows Ellie laughing so hard it looks like it hurts. And that's our girl! Always happy.
So, what's Ellie up to these days? She plays "fetch" with herself by throwing her pacifier and then lunging forward to get it and throwing it again, and again. It's fun to watch her do this. She rolls over from belly to back. Still does not roll from back to belly consistently. I'll talk to the ped about it but I'm not too concerned. Ellie has a strong neck and strong legs. I honestly don't mind her not being too mobile at the moment. I like that our last baby is taking her time being a baby and giving us time to take it in slowly. A couple of days ago it really dawned on me that soon we will be done with the baby stage and although it is not my favorite stage there are very cute aspects of it that I will miss.
Ellie is now really up to playing with her toys and her brothers. She puts everything in her mouth so we have to watch for the boys' toys but they are pretty good around her. When either of the boys take something she wants, she is not shy to let us know. She has an angry voice for sure.
She's a pretty good eater of solid foods. At first she would not eat homemade baby food purees but has now started to tolerate them and eats them ok (albeit with a not so happy face). There hasn't been much lately that she hasn't eaten. She didn't care for mashed up bananas but I think it was a texture thing and not taste since she eats the banana mix purees from the pouch just fine. This will I plan to give her homemade beets and see how those go. She loves the ones that come in the pouch so I'm hoping they're a success at home because I can't believe the price of those little pouches!
On the sleep front....Ellie is now in her own room [insert parents' cheering]. Ever since we moved her to her own room she is waking up less often at night. She now goes to bed around 6:30-7pm and sleeps until sometime between 11:30-12:30 (not too consistent on time). The problem is that she then wakes up between 4:45-5:30am and that kills me. I wish she could stretch it out until 6am so that I could get a normal night's sleep. At that time, I have a really hard time going back to sleep but I can't wake up and do anything because then I wake up the other kids who become noise sensitive around that time of the morning. So- it's better than it was before but I'm still hoping she gets a little bit better. Her naps could also be better. Now that she's 8 months I think she should be settling into a schedule. For the most part I try to put her down at 10am and then sometime around 2pm but because of the other 2 kids, it doesn't always work out so her naps are all over the place or non-existent. :(
On the milk front....Ellie will still not drink from a bottle...or any other plastic container for that matter. She is strictly a boob girl. I begin work next week and I'm anxious about it. My work days will be about 14 hours long and that means Nick is home alone with 3 kids for that long. That means breakfast, lunch, naps, dinner and bath time ALL on his own with ALL 3 kids AND Ellie not drinking liquids ALL day. Do you see why I'm anxious? I'll only work away from home 2 days a week but this may be a really long semester for Nick and I. My hope is that in the coming weeks, Ellie will learn to use a sippy cup and at least drink some water or even juice from it and that will help some.
The sleep-milk/bottle issue has been difficult but she does make up for it by being the happiest baby around. From the moment she wakes up in the morning she is all smiles and there isn't a single person she won't smile at. She's a healthy, beautiful, happy girl and we love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment