Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Days 2014 continued....

Here we go again....another snow day....and it's not over, tomorrow is ANOTHER snow day.  Can you say CABIN FEVER!!!!  We have lost a WEEK of school and work for us which I can just cry about since we're already so tight on work time as it is.  Nick and I cut cable about a month ago and we have not watched TV at all in that time because of the amount of work we do at nights just to stay afloat....add a week with no actual, away from home work and it's a dagger.  BUT, the snow has been fun and it's been a great experience for all of us.
This picture below is from Tuesday, when we thought the snow was pretty enough.  We did not know it was going to get much, much prettier.
 This one is from Wednesday....prettier. Great powdery snow to play with.  Gavin built a snowman.
 The pond in the backyard is frozen and snow started to accumulate on the sides of it.  Look at the trees...they're still green.
 Then there's TODAY....gorgeous view from our window.  The best part is the absolute silence.  It was so quiet when we opened the door to take the picture, all we could hear was the snow dropping.

Later on in the day, the sun came out and it was actually very pleasant to be outside.  It didn't feel as cold.  I stayed out with Gavin for quite a while, went for a walk and my face felt fine.

Gavin wanted to build a snow chair.  Looks more like a recliner. 

 Below is the birdhouse that the kids have in the front yard...all buried.
 Gavin insisted on eating the snow. So, we found an area where it was still intact.  


You can see our neighbor shoveling snow....we don't even own a shovel!! 








 These are our next door neighbors trying to leave in the morning.  It took a long while...the wheels just kept spinning in place.  They shoveled and pushed and the car would slide a bit but they got stuck on the road.  Eventually they made their way out.  I was afraid they would slide into the other car.  






 Gavin and I went out on a walk and we saw how good other people were at making snowmen.  This one is life size.  Nick and I really tried to roll big balls like these but we just couldn't.  :(  



 Below is the community kiddie pool completely frozen.  Nick threw snowballs at it to try to crack it.

"Look Mama, I'm a reindeer" :) 
 Here's a look down our street.  By this point in the afternoon, a few cars had driven through it and parts of it were slushy.  We still saw every car that drove down slide at some point so we won't be driving until it's completely clear.
In case you're wondering how come most pictures are only of Gavin in the snow....Let's just say, Liam is more of an indoor kind of guy.  He did want to go out and play and after 5 minutes would tell us, "I need a break", then he'd go back inside, wrap himself up in a blanket on the couch and watch a movie.
 
And you may ask, where was Ellie during all this snow play?  She's also an indoor kind of girl at the moment.
We'll see how it goes tomorrow...4th snow day in a row.  I used up the last of my ideas for indoor games today so I gotta hit Pinterest for some more tonight. :)

No comments: