Picked up Gavin from school today and he tells me that a girl said some not so nice things to him. I asked what she said and he said she doesn't like that he goes to 1st grade (Gavin is in kinder but he goes to a 1st grade class for math and gifted). When I asked for specifics, he wouldn't tell me what she said, he just kept saying that she used words that were not nice. Then I asked what he did or said back and he replied, "nothing. she will change her mind, just like {name of girl in his class} changed her mind. she didn't like me either but now she does."
I was surprised at his response, definitely didn't expect that. I don't know how to take it but I'm happy that he was not hurt by her comments and he's hopeful she will change her mind. Maybe this is a sign of maturity coming with his 6th birthday just a few days away.
Note: I did learn that this is not a girl in his kinder or his 1st grade class. She's a 1st grader in another class and they just cross paths during 1st grade recess and waiting for the car line after school. So, at least he is not around her much if she doesn't change her mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment