A couple of weekends ago, Nick and I reunited with two of my BFF's and their husbands for a triple date day at Epcot Food & Wine 2015. It was so nice to have a full day without the kids and hanging out with friends eating good food and wine. It reminded us how much we need a day away from the kids and how much we miss our friends.
On the Friday night, Nick and I sneaked off to watch the Sugar Ray concert at Epcot. They really do perform for the crowd. I didn't get a selfie with Mark but many got the chance to since he roamed through the aisles throughout the show.
Despite our many reminders throughout the day asking someone to remind us to take a picture of us at some point during the day, we didn't actually stop to take a picture until the evening. Here we are in "Norway" stopping for schoolbread. 
![]() |
| The "classic" pose.... |
On Sunday, it was race day. The whole family (sans daddy) signed up for the UCF race. I signed up for a distance dare (5 mile race + 2 mile race) and the kids did the kids' run. Gavin did 1 mile, Liam 400 yards and Ellie 100 yards. I had not planned on Ellie running that morning but when she saw everyone else with their shirts and race bibs she said, "where's mine?" so I signed her up.
I was so proud of Liam for doing the race and running the whole distance. I thought for sure he would stop to walk at some point. He was in race mode for sure. Gavin also did well. He completed his 1 mile run and said, "Mama, I only had to take two short walking breaks." For not having practiced at all, he did well. He loves racing but hates the training.....I think he's my son. ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment