It was a jam-packed weekend as usual for #GP5. It started Friday evening with a hibachi dinner with Abuela, Abuelo, Abuela Marta, Stacy, Chris and Dylan. The kids had a blast watching the hibachi chef cook/perform and they all ate really well and tried new foods. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any good pictures inside the restaurant and forgot to take a group picture. :(
Saturday we helped at the kids' school with beautification projects for the school as well as some crafts for Mother's Day.
Then we headed to Liam's soccer game which was another great game for him as a goalie. He's becoming quite a good defensive player. He had numerous saves and was much more "aggressive" on the field when he wasn't a goalie than ever before.
The boys decorated these Mother's Day cakes at school for me. Gavin's is on the left and Liam's on the right. They both did great and I know they put a lot of love into their decorating. It was delicious too!

On Mother's Day, I wanted a beach day but the weather forecast didn't look great. We were expecting rain in the late morning so we decided to go for a walk on the beach until the rain came. In typical Florida fashion, the rain didn't come until much later than expected and so we got a lot more beach time than originally planned for. It was so overcast, I didn't even think about sunscreen and we weren't supposed to spend too much time out but we all have a nice shade of pink on our skins now. The kids played in the sand for a while, collected shells, and then eventually made their way into the water....with their clothes on. They were having such a good time, I didn't want to discourage them since we did have a change of clothes with us in the car. It was a good relaxing time with Grandma and Grandpa Guittar followed by lunch at Grills.
 |
| It's hard to get a good picture of all of us. |
 |
| This is the pose she did when I asked her to smile for the camera. I have no idea where she got this from!?!? (For real) |
 |
| Liam asked me if he were to set sail this way, would he end up in Africa? |
 |
| Gavin figured out his Croc shoes make a great sifter for shells. :) |
 |
| We watched this ship at a distance coming towards shore. It looked like it was gonna beach itself but surely it went into the port as it should. We learned this is the (tied) 3rd largest cruise ship on Earth. It was ginormous. |
 |
| JOY! |
 |
| Gavin made me a heart! |
I missed my mom today but I will make it up to her by having a girls day at Epcot sometime this week. Happy Mother's Day to all!
1 comment:
Great pictures mama. I loved my Mothers Day Weekend. Spending time with my boys and their families is always a perfect day. Liam may have asked that question because as we were looking at shells and seeds I stated they could have come from anywhere, like even Africa. Missed seeing Kristan and Hootie but know they were were they needed to be, Award Ceremony. Awesome weekend!
Love
Mary-mom
Post a Comment