Saturday, November 24, 2018

Christmas Wish List for the Kids

'Tis the season and we've started brainstorming what to do for our kids this year. We are still trying to keep the gift-giving to a minimum. We like the idea of the 1 thing they need, 1 thing they'll wear, 1 thing they'll read, and 1 thing they want.

G is an avid book reader. So, I've placed a couple of book series in the Amazon wish list. L is into skyscrapers still but also really into football all of a sudden. L wants a new UCF jersey, and a Seattle Seahawks jersey (probably a Griffin one). They also both want a youth size football. E is easy because she's a girlie girl so she wants all the sparkly things. She wants some dresses, hair accessories, and earrings since she just got her ears pierced.

Here are some other ideas I'm pondering: 
  • Pajamas for all of them (size 7)
  • A 3/4" Violin for G (I plan to buy this second-hand)
  • Movie theater tickets 
  • Golf balls (they are all taking lessons and like to go to the range)
  • Drive Shack gift certificate
  • Disney gift cards
  • Hair accessories for E. She likes the bling.
  • Legos.... I really don't want any more Legos in my house but they just love them. L is especially in love with all the architecture sets and would like to have these. This may be their one "want" I'm ok with. 
  • Soccer goal posts for the backyard. 
  • Pokemon cards (they are all into Pokemon)
This is what we have so far. The good thing about our kids is that since we don't shop in stores, they don't ever see what new toys are out there and we don't have cable so they don't see commercials either. So, when we ask the kids what they want for Christmas, they really don't know and usually say whatever is fine. So, I'm grateful that they are grateful for anything and I can usually guide their choices. 

No comments: