Friday, August 28, 2009

Clarification

So in the last post I said Gavin could sit 99% of the time and what I meant was that if WE sit him down, he has enough balance skills to stay seated on his own without support. I did not mean to imply that he can go from crawling to a seated position on his own. However, he is now able to go from seating to crawling pretty easily. It's really more of a lunge action rather than a graceful move.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that we had to lower the crib to the lowest position. One morning I found Gavin holding on to the top of the siderail with both hands,, knees tucked in, and he was rocking himself- this is the I'm getting ready to lunge position- and that was that. I don't know why he is trying to skip the "just explore the floor stage" right into the "I want to pull myself up" stage. He has already attempted to "climb" the TV stand and end table. When I say "climb" I mean he puts both hands on it and rocks himself, trying to "climb" it but he is not actually able to pull himself up. He really loves to climb over things. He climbs over every toy and obstacle you put in his way. When he is on the floor he is on a mission and I swear he gets faster every night. When he sees something he wants, it's on! He just races to it. I'm darn impressed at how babies develop-it's so freaking fast. One day they can't sit on their own and overnight it just happens.

No comments: