Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December 2009

I should be blogging more often now that I'm officially on break from work. But I find that I have most to do when I have nothing to do- does that make sense? We have been busy trying to cross things off our to-do list of things that we have been wanting to do but did not have time to do during the semester. Most are home improvement and organization related. So far we've done well but we still have some painting and patio cleaning to do. I've been stalling on the patio cleaning because it's been too cold to work with water.
Anyhow, here is a collection of our December happenings:
So this is what the first semester of the PhD program looks like in book stacks...
There were more books but I had to turn them in to the library before I could take the picture. By the end of the program, we'll have a nice personal library. BTW, Nick and I both finished our semesters with straight A's. Next semester we're taking some classes together so that should be interesting. We do get a bit competitive about grades. Our classmates are very interested in watching us get through the next semester...and so are we.
Nick took Gavin to another UCF basketball game.

I don't have a lot of Christmas pictures since I let the picture taking task to the grandparents. For a scrapbooker, I have really slacked on taking pictures.
Christmas Eve Family Pic
I will post Christmas day pics later when I get them from the grandparents. However, this is a pic of all of Gavin's toys that Santa brought him.

Gavin loves every single toy. We love seeing his face light up when he plays with them. He plays so much better now. He is more independent and can press buttons and stuff on his own and his attention span is a bit longer too.
Yesterday we went to Sea World again but this time with Grandpa and Grandma. We found a new aquarium and discovered a new species...
Here's Gavin tapping the glass as the Giant Guitarfish went by. It's a mix between a stingray and a shark- not literally, it just has features of both species.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love all the pics! Thanks for sharing!