We are really enjoying our winter break and our Disney annual passes. Yesterday, I was really in the mood to eat different foods so we decided to go to Epcot and make our own little "food and wine" festival. Nick and I would share meals/drinks at the various countries. Needless to say, we ate quite a bit and Gavin loved it as much as we did.
It had been a while since I'd been to Epcot and they've really done some changes to make it a bit more kid-friendly. They had lots of characters everywhere and the lines were not as long as the ones at Magic Kingdom. I didn't realize most (if not all) the rides around the World Showcase do not have a height restriction. We only did the Mexico boat ride this time but next time will try the Vikings ride at Norway. The Mexico ride now includes Donald Duck so Gavin was entertained looking for Donald. We did do "The Land" boat ride and he liked the movie part of the ride, he did get a bit bored ("antsy") at the greenhouse part although he did point out the biggest pumpkin we've ever seen.
We broke our rules about drinks for Gavin at the fountain drink station where you can try different sodas from around the world. We only gave him a sip of each but he really enjoyed them and kept asking for "more Coke". How does this child know what Coke is really blows my mind! I don't buy Coke at my house so Nick and I will only drink it if we go out to eat so he must have picked up on the word as we ordered it somewhere...but we've never pointed out "this is Coke" so it's baffling how he picks up on things.
So, the funny stories of the day....
1. When we arrived at the Epcot parking lot, I pulled Gavin out of the car so that Nick could continue a phone conversation in the car without Gavin interruptions. Gavin had managed to take off his shoes and socks so I sat him on the hood of the car so I could put them back on. We're in the parking lot so there are plenty of people walking by us towards the tram. Gavin, the social butterfly that he is, starts saying "Hi!" to everyone as they walk by. But he doesn't stop there. He likes to introduce himself, and us to everyone as they go by. So it goes something like this:
Gavin: Hi!
Random people: Hi!
Gavin: (hand pointing to his chest) Gavin
(pointing to me) Mama!
If Nick would have been out of the car, he would have pointed at him and said "daddy" too (as he did to everyone who sat around us at dinner---while pointing out the color of his own and everyone else's shirt!). He is not afraid of strangers. He thinks everyone exists to be a spectator in his world. :)
2. After dinner at Epcot, Nick and I felt like having something sweet so on our way home we stopped by Twistie Treat to get ice cream. I got the ice cream and brought it back to the car for Nick (Gavin doesn't care for ice cream). As Nick took a bite, Gavin said "daddy, eat" then he said "all day, eat".
Nick and I could not stop laughing.
I did say that the point of going to Epcot was to EAT....I guess he noticed that! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment