I may be a little late but thought I'd mention it before it's way late.
Our preference for Gavin's Christmas gifts is for them to be donated to an organization that serves families. Gavin is a very lucky boy and doesn't "need" anything. He has enough clothes to wear for a month without doing laundry (as I recently realized myself when I found his Halloween costume at the bottom of the hamper last week). He has plenty of toys--enough that we ourselves have had to really think about what to get him for Christmas. He is at an age where he still doesn't understand what is going on and I'm sure will have no clue why there are gifts under the tree for him. So, we would rather donate to organizations that help kids or donate the gifts to them so everyone can have a merry christmas.
I tried to do this for Gavin's birthday and it did not work because most insisted on gifts. If that is the case, then the only thing that we could use more of are age appropriate books. We have lots of books but we've grown out of the baby-ish books and the others are a bit too long to do in one sitting. Spanish books are also on the wish list because we don't have any and I do want to continue reinforcing the language.
If you would like information on local organizations that need help, email me and I'll let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment