Liam had his 6 month check up today. He weighs 17.5 lbs and is 27 inches long. If I remember correctly that puts him at the 60th percentile for height and 45th percentile for weight. So, he is not as "overweight" as I thought. The doc asked about his feeding and sleep schedule. I told her what's going on and she said that nutritionally he should not need to eat that often (every 3 hours) and he should be able to go 6-8 hours at night even if he is breastfed. She suggested I nurse Liam before every meal, since the nutrition from the milk is most important still, and then feed him solids...as much as he wants. I have only been feeding Liam solids at lunch and dinner so far and I've been measuring out what he eats to match what I think he should be eating. I really was afraid he would be "overweight" but I guess there's no such thing at this point. The doc said Liam will self regulate and will tell me when he's done so I don't have to worry about measuring- just feed him until he doesn't want anymore. And Liam does let me know when he's done so I'll stop measuring and feed on demand.
Liam continues to be one healthy little boy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment