Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Weekend in Savannah, GA- Tim and Lauren's Wedding

We spent the weekend in Savannah, GA to celebrate one of our dearest friend's wedding.  I, personally, had been looking forward for years to dance at Tim's wedding.  Tim is Nick's best friend- and we go back 12-14 years.  For those of you who attended our wedding, you know Tim as the one who danced like Michael Jackson.  I'd like to think of that performance as his debut!  So everyone in my family is probably wondering, did he dance like MJ at his wedding?  OF COURSE.
This was a destination wedding and the planning and coordination was fantastic.  Of course, I should mention that the bride is the Art Director for Destination Weddings & Honeymoons magazine so she kinda knows what she's doing!   Their attention to detail was stellar and even though it was their special weekend, they managed to make their guests feel special and could not thank everyone of us enough for making the trip just to celebrate with them.  We both love them and believe they are perfect for each other.  I have never been to a ceremony where I could literally feel love (besides our wedding of course)-the energy in the room was amazing.  I cried at different times throughout the ceremony and reception and Nick (best man) couldn't even get through his speech....and we all know Nick can talk so that just speaks to how happy we both are for them.
I don't know why I do this but ever since I had the boys, I cry every time I think of or imagine their future and although I said I would not do this (because I don't want to set expectations for them) I couldn't help but think of the future as Tim danced with his mom.  Especially because he picked the song that at this point I would have picked to dance with my boys.   So I cried.  As soon as Nick saw me cry, he said "you're picturing yourself with the boys, aren't you?".  Then Nick said, "yeah, I don't get to do anything special?"....which made me a little sad.  He's right.  The father of the groom doesn't get any "spotlight" moments.    

Of course I forgot my camera....so these are pics that I "stole" from facebook:  


 The couple arranged for trolleys to transport the guests from the hotel to the chapel and then to the reception.  This picture was taken from the trolley.

 The wedding colors were gray, bright pink and yellow.  The groomsmen all had matching socks- yellow argyle.  The groom's tie/socks matched the bride's shoes/purse in bright pink.
 The most awesome surprise for guests was the champagne in the trolleys for the ride from the chapel to the reception.  Nick's best man duties were to distribute the glasses and the champagne in the trolley.  No laws were broken--Savannah is an open container city.  Of course, everyone demanded Nick to give a toast.  He just gave a quick one- not the "big" one that he gave at the reception.
We both agreed it was the most delicious champagne we've ever had.  It was just easier to drink it out of the bottle than the glass while moving! :) 
I should not that he did not drink the whole bottle....he was just finishing it off. :) 

No comments: