Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The holiday wish list

Last year when we asked Gavin what he wanted for Christmas, he said "a Christmas tree" then he later added a "junior" which is the #8 car featured in the Cars movie.  This year, he is 3.5 years old so he knows better than to "waste" one of his wishes on a Christmas tree.  Nick explained to him the concept of a wish list and so now the problem is that everything he sees and likes he says, "I want this on my wish list." So, we're working on making sure he understands it's a wish list and not a "I'm gonna get it later" list.

I hesitate to post this because I don't want this to be misinterpreted as requests for specific gifts.  It's not, we are really grateful for anything.  But I know that with the holidays coming up everyone is wondering what to get and some have started asking so I thought I would just list some of the boys' current interests and needs here.  

Gavin:
Gavin is into Jake and the Neverland Pirates stuff at the moment.  He is also still obsessed with Cars (the movie) and anything car related.  He also enjoys building stuff like little wooden models and lately has started using the small Lego sets.  He likes activity books like "connect the dots" type books and any craft kit.  Clothing wise he is finally a 3T!  He recently went through a growth spurt and now all of his 2T jeans are short so now we're ready to only buy 3T.  He has lots of 3T shirts but he could use 3T pants--any kind, lounge/athletic, khakis/cargos, sweats, etc.  He will need these especially to go to school when we come back in January and it will be cold.

Liam:
Liam is harder because he is into whatever Gavin is into.  He follows his brother around and plays with whatever Gavin plays.  With that being said, we have noticed that he is drawn to farm animals stuff whether it's figures or books with farm animals.  He likes balls, things that have buttons he can push and make noise.  He likes books but he's still in the board book stage--"real" books he rips unintentionally.
Clothing wise he is wearing mostly 18-24 months.  Although I would lean towards 24 months in most brands.

Baby girl:
Well, we're good on most things.  Most of the early baby clothes I have is actually quite gender neutral so I think we're good on onesies and stuff for the first 3 months.  My only concern is that we'll come back to SC during winter time and because the boys were born in spring and summer, we may not have enough fleece type footed pijamas for the little one.  I did start a registry at Babies R' Us although I have not put a lot of things on there.  I'll have to sit down one night and add things online.  I just can't think of much that we need for the baby.

If all goes according to the plan, we will be spending Christmas and New Year's in Florida.  Family:  please keep in mind that we will be driving down as a family of four and returning as a family of 5 so space in the car will be extremely limited.  Our kids are really easy to please and we are grateful for any gift, the smaller the better. :)  

No comments: