Saturday, November 3, 2012

The holidays have begun at our house

On Thursday, Gavin's school was hosting their "Fall Harvest" parties. They asked the kids and parents to come dressed in their farm wear.  Nick came home early to stay with Liam so I could volunteer at the party. It was a quick little event but we had fun.  Below are just a couple of pictures I took.  I didn't post anymore since the others show the other kids and I don't feel right posting them here.
This is the graham cracker and frosting station....the most popular station.  I was proud of Gavin for only using a little bit of frosting on his cracker and spreading it all over rather than scooping spoonfuls of the frosting on to the cracker.  I didn't give him any instructions so it made me feel good that he did his thing and didn't seem to be influenced by the other kids (which some had more than any parent would prefer I'm sure).  
 The ring toss station:

Today- Friday- we decided it was a good family day to put up the kids' Christmas tree.  With how hectic our holidays will be with the new baby, we figured we should get a head start so the boys get to do some of the traditions as usual.  By the time we get to Florida my mom will have already decorated everything so the boys wouldn't get to decorate a tree so we thought it'd be good for them to do their own here in SC.  Plus, with Gavin's behavior lately we figured Elf on the Shelf could lend us a helping hand.

Gavin and Liam banging on the box.

 I think this picture is funny- Liam's like, "ok, you do the work and I'll watch"
 Now, it looks interesting so Liam checks it out.






 Liam handing out ornaments.  He's very good about taking stuff OUT of boxes, not so good putting them back.

 Gavin so proud of the tree.
 Liam handing out ornaments.  Gavin would put them on the tree and Liam would take them out and deliver them to me.  Eventually he understood they should stay on the tree. 



 Threading new ornaments.  All the kids are represented on the tree.  Gavin put up his Cars ornaments, Liam put up his Mickey Mouse ornaments and we had some Hello Kitty ornaments from last year that we thought would be for new baby.
 Gavin kept putting ornaments next to ornaments so there were some empty spots.  I left them, I figured we'll see progress throughout the years on their tree.




 Below is the card that Gavin got from Grandma Mary and Grandpa Ron last year.  A year later and it's still fun! :)

1 comment:

Mary Fryman Guittar said...

Those pics are sweet. The tree is just perfect! Maybe we can get just a few special ornaments for them to put on abuela's tree. Thanks for putting up the Christmas tree pictures. Love, Mary-Mom