Saturday, November 17, 2012

36 weeks + 2 days

I'm one week away from being full term and being able to deliver at any time.  I'm not mentally ready for that but physically I could use the break of not being pregnant anymore.  I know it's easier to take care of 3 kids when one is an inside baby but the past few days have been physically draining on me.  I wake up with very achy achilles tendons and just an overall sore feeling in all of my muscles.  The first few steps out of bed are pretty rough.  My hips and lower back have been bothering me a lot more.  I get "stuck" when I'm standing up and have to do a circular twist motion to get my hips unstuck--I literally hear the "click" when I do this.  The baby has been very active so I don't think she has plans on coming out anytime soon but I have had more frequent contractions.  Mostly at night.  There's also the feeling like she's stretching out or pushing on my belly which take my breath away and I do have to breathe through as if it was a contraction.  I texted my midwife last week because I was having so many frequent contractions-no pattern- but because they were combined with a very uncomfortable pressure all over I was a little concerned.  I think it was all as a result of having a very physically active day that one day.  I'm certainly carrying differently this time.  It feels different.  The belly sticks out more this time around and that makes bending over difficult (and putting on socks!).  I'm sleepy tired and HAVE to nap when Liam naps in order to function.  So, in conclusion--I have reached that point where I'm tired and would like to not be pregnant BUT I still don't wish for an early arrival.  I would but I know it's easier for me to be pregnant until after graduation (Dec. 14th) so I'm really hoping she decides to come sometime after the 15th and ideally on the 20th (just a good date for us).  

No comments: