After teaching in June, we returned to FL for the month of July. This is the long break we've been looking forward to. It started off with a bang for 4th of July. We had a great family get together at my parents' house with the full Guittar family joining us for fun. The kids were exhausted but they all went to bed so happy. This was their perfect day. They just love spending time with family in FL.
My mom and I also did a 5K on 4th of July. We hadn't done one together in years and we finally
We also checked out the new Crayola Experience at the Florida Mall. This is a great attraction for the kids that is indoors and air-conditioned. Given the temps in July, we need alternatives to the theme parks for the kids and this worked well for our kids.
 |
| Our leftie, Ellie. She loves coloring. |


 |
| Liam reluctantly agreeing to take a picture. |
The rest of the month, we practically LIVED at Disney. It seemed like every weekday we were at a park, only for a few hours but still, it was exhausting. We definitely took advantage of our annual passes this time.
This summer was different for Liam because he is now old enough where he needs his own pass. He was so excited to be able to scan his own pass and choose his own color for the Disney wristband.
 |
| First time using his own pass at Epcot |
We had 1 on 1 days with each of the kids. I only have the one picture of me and Liam but the others had their own days too. Ellie's favorite park is Epcot and her favorite ride is the "Donald Duck boat ride." We ride it so much that the staff knows us and they just let us stay on the boat (if there's no line) for the next ride. The record so far is 6 rides in a row, on the first row nonetheless.
 |
| Liam's 1 on 1 day at Magic Kingdom |
 |
| Gavin and our friend's son, August, dancing to "Staying Alive" concert at Epcot |
 |
| Patiently waiting for me to say it was ok to eat their Norway schoolbread. Delicious coconut custard filled bread. |
 |
| Liam post "cool kid" haircut, so proud of his drip art. He was really into making this piece of art. |
This summer Ellie went into full mode princess/Disney dress-up mode. Grandma Mary and Grandpa Ron had a full closet for Ellie full of Princess outfits.
 |
| Minnie, on her way to Costco. :) |
 |
| I don't remember what she was upset about but I wonder who she learned this stance from??? |
 |
| Ellie FINALLY let me do pigtails!!! She's too cute. |
 |
| She was so happy when I got her these glasses. |
I left our nice camera back home and so these are just some of the pictures I was able to capture with our phones. I'll admit that I wasn't as good at taking pictures because we WERE IN THE MOMENT with the kids. We both tried really hard to disconnect and BE with the kids and we did. It was the best summer break we could've asked for. We made SO many memories and enjoyed each and every day. We hope the kids will remember this one too.
No comments:
Post a Comment