Today was the Greater Orlando Mothers of Twins and Triplets' (GOMOTT) giant baby item sale. Twice a year this group of families put together a sale of all the items their babies have outgrown or no longer use. They did have a lot of everything. I recommend it if you have small children. The next sale is March 28th at First Christian Church on E. Kaley St.
Since we don't know the sex of the baby yet, we didn't buy any clothes. I did find my teddy bear "leash", which I won't use for like 2 years but it was only $2.50 so I had to pick it up. Judge me all you want for wanting to "leash" my kid but today Nick and I were at a book sale at the Maitland library and this 3 y/o boy would not stop running around. His mom was too busy browsing and she just kept repeating "Stop running, Jimmy", "Jimmy don't run", "Stop" but made no attempt to move and restrain her child as he disturbed everyone else. I am happy to say that won't be my child. I can't say that I fully trust my parenting skills to make the child instantly know not to run from me but the leash will certainly keep that from happening!
I also bought a Boppy, which is a half-moon shaped pillow that wraps around the torso to make feedings a little easier on the arms. My mom also purchased a series of Baby Einstein tapes to keep at her house since she's the only person I know that still has a VHS player.
After the baby sale, we headed to the Maitland Art Festival. It was a beautiful day to be outside but just strolling around the lake made me exhausted. Like a child, I was out as soon as I came home-had a 2 hr nap. From then on, it was lazy Saturday.
P.S. The Maitland public library is having a GREAT book sale this weekend. They have a very wide selection of books in great condition for only .50cents, $1 or $2.
No comments:
Post a Comment