I am officially totally confused about baby gear. I am second guessing my choices and there are just way too many things to keep in mind. The stroller and car seat are probably going to be the most used/abused baby items and it is hard to try to accomodate every feature I think I'll need plus comfort, plus safety, plus style. I just don't think there's a "perfect" match out there. I found a website by moms that had a priority list on which features to prioritize travel systems by but I'm not sure that I agree. Below is their list:
1. Good Infant Car Seat Carrier - agree
2. Weight - agree
3. Pattern - not so much
4. Price -not so much
5. Shock Absorbing Wheels - not sure what I'm looking for here
6. Large, Easily Accessible Basket - maybe
7. Snack Tray - i guess
8. Sun Canopy - ok
9. Parent cup holders - can live without
10. Ease of fold - VERY important to me
I really need to make a list of my own. It would probably be something like this:
1. Compatible "lightweight" car seat carrier
2. Overall size (width)- I want to be able to ease in and out of retail isles without bumping on everything
3. Weight- Must be able to lift it into my trunk
4. Ease of fold- I don't like when moms take 20 minutes at a parking lot to pack up all their baby stuff into the trunk. My plan is to have 1 diaper bag and one lightweight, easy to fold stroller for a 5 minute turn around time.
5. Durability- I want whatever stroller I buy to last me until the kid is 3 years old.
6. Every other feature listed above in no particular order.
I've decided that next weekend's goal is narrowing down the travel system. Since the ultrasound is on Wednesday, I'll know the sex of the baby and can finally start finalizing some decisions. I knew 9 months would be too long for me. Last month, I had a travel system figured out, baby names were chosen, nursery plans were somewhat finalized. Now, I'm second guessing everything so I'm pretty much back at square one.
Wednesday can't get here fast enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment