Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"I'm So Happy!"

What do you know. . . Nick can type too! Well, I've got a few minutes before class, so I thought I should 'contribute' to the blog. I'm really starting to prep myself mentally for fatherhood. Over the past two weeks Steph and I have begun attending a birthing class, and it has really helped in reiterating the reality of the situation. I'm not nervous at all, and I really don't think Steph is either. The fact is, I'm very confident about our ability to parent. Do I have solid experience upon which to base this statement? No, not really. Sometimes you just know. In no way am I saying that we'll do everything mistake-free. Rather, I'm saying that we're committed to centering our lives around this child and we recognize the influence we have over the well-being of this next member of our family.

Steph is much more prepared than she gives herself credit for. She's read numerous books, and consulted blogs and online journals. The fact is, she has a firm grasp of the situation. . . more so than I do. Thankfully, she appears to be finished with watching shows like "a baby story". Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about OUR baby, but I have no interest in watching dozens of other couples reiterate the same feelings of excitement that are characterized by everyone televised in such a show. I prefer that we write our own story without the influence of other people's stories.

I guess that's it for now. I'll try to post my thoughts a bit more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby Name Guess #1: Gunther

love your lil sis,
Stacy