Wednesday, May 4, 2011

27 weeks + 1 day

Planning the baby shower for my friend has gotten me thinking about what I need for my little one.  I thought I had everything I needed, except for the double stroller.  I have gone through all of Gavin's clothing bins and I am definitely covered in the clothing arena.  I've got enough clothes and shoes for Liam for the first 9 months.  Not that I don't have clothes after that but because of the difference in times of year of their birth dates, Gavin's winter clothes will be too big/too small for Liam but it also depends on how big/small Liam turns out to be.  Luckily though,  like I said, the first 9 months or so seem neutral enough for Liam to wear.  I definitely have enough blankets for Liam so I do not need anymore of those.  
But as I looked through what I have and compared it to my friend's wish list I realized that I need:
1.  burp cloths (I did have to throw most of Gavin's away since the stains wouldn't come off)
2.  nice bibs  (Gavin used and abused his bibs too....the boy is still drooling like a baby!)
3.  glass bottles 

Plus, this time around I'm also trying to breastfeed full-time and attempting to cloth diaper when at home.  So, I'll also be looking for a better breast pump, supplies, cloth diapers and supplies for that too.  I feel better now that I've made this list because I can start looking out for sales on this stuff.  This whole time I've not looked at any of the baby stuff because I didn't think I needed anything....although these are just little things that I can pick up easily, it's not like I "need" anything before Liam is born.   

No comments: