The Fort Mill/Indian Land area gets great reviews for families. It's an up and coming area and has everything I'm used to really close by. Although it does mean a 25-30 min commute for Nick (higher gas bill) but consistently on every online forum that I've read, moms say there is not much to do in Lancaster! So, since I'm going to be alone with two children- Nick thinks its' best if I'm in an area that has "civilization" and other young families. This does mean that we loose out on the homes with "personality" and "charm" for the more cookie cutter neighborhoods. That's one thing I've noticed is that Lancaster doesn't seem to have organized neighborhoods....it seems like just lots along roads with super nice houses. So, that makes it harder to find homes too b/c it's not like you can type in a particular neighborhood name and get search results.
I know you will be disappointed but we forgot our camera!!!! We were running late when we left Orlando and we left it at home.....we're disappointed too. Not because we can't take pics of the houses but b/c I wanted to show off the amazing bed and breakfast we are staying in. Here's the link to it and this is the room we're staying in: http://www.kilburnie.com/president_andrew_jackson_room.php. The bathroom is AMAZING!!! It is seriously bigger than Gavin's play room in our home. The tub is a special tub that offers therapeutic massaging jets....you better believe I took a bath! It runs for 20 minutes and I hate baths but this was great. I only felt comfortable taking a bath after the Inn keeper explained to me how sanitary it is and I trusted him. The Inn is super busy this weekend with an upcoming wedding but at the moment we are the only ones here and have the entire property to ourselves (the Inn keeper lives across the street). It's a gorgeous place. I'm looking forward to breakfast in the morning since the Inn keeper used to be a professional chef and Nick can't stop talking about the breakfast he had last time he was here. We also plan to take a walk down the trails in the back of the property. Really wish I had my good camera for this.
More to come tomorrow.....hopefully we'll have news on whether we have a house or not. I did bring my video camera so if we did, I will take a video tour.
No comments:
Post a Comment