Monday, May 30, 2011

31 weeks

As of tomorrow, I have 9 weeks to go.  That is crazy!  This means I need to get my head together and get some work done.  If Liam is like Gavin then this means it's more like 7 weeks rather than 9, since 9 weeks is based on 40 weeks.  Gavin's swim lessons have really gotten in the way of the work schedule that we're used to.  Nick has been way more productive than me.  I have such a psychological block for work---I can't work if it's not in my office and I've labeled the day as "work" day.  If I have Gavin for any period of time during the day then in my mind that is a "Gavin day", not a work day.  I am just not able to squeeze in work while Gavin naps or in the evenings.  I have only had time to prepare lessons for the class I'm teaching and grade and nothing else.  Gavin goes to bed by 7:30pm which would normally give me time to work before bed but now I'm exhausted and do not have the energy to write or read anything related to research by that time.    

About Liam.....I have tried to avoid it but I have to admit this child is behaving differently than Gavin.  Nick said it yesterday too.  There are moments where he drives me up the wall because he moves so much--- at times he goes for 30 minutes straight.  Gavin would bump me every once in a while but he was certainly more calmer at this point.  My weekly development email said that at this point he should be moving LESS because there is less space.  Well, Liam does not understand that.  He continues to shift his body weight and it is not "painful" but it is not comfortable to feel your insides turned and twisted like they feel when he is shifting around.  Most of the movement is concentrated on my right side so I'm guessing his back is facing my left side.  I have my next appointment tomorrow so I'll find out his position for sure.  I can't tell on my own.

We are getting ready for Liam.  We bought a few more things that we needed (e.g. cloth diaper starter set and breast pump).  We still need a few little things but we're getting there.  I'm still torn on which double stroller to get so I'm going to wait a little longer to get that in hopes of a good deal on my top 2 choices.  We also need to figure out a middle name for him....but I think we got a winner.  I won't say it here yet since I want to make sure Nick is 100% on board and which version he prefers but I'm pretty sure it is what it is now.  :)
I'll update tomorrow after my appointment with the latest stats.

1 comment:

Christina and David said...

WOW! It seems like it went so fast. As far as the moving, sounds like Sawyer. That boy started kicking me at 15 weeks and never stopped. It is so painful sometimes. He still kicks now! He is ready to swim for sure. LOL!