I had another midwife appointment today. All is well. Liam is still head down so that's good. He moves so much I was afraid he had made his way around again but not the case. Yesterday, he poked me right in the belly button and my belly button stuck out so much-- it was the weirdest feeling for me but also the freakiest thing Nick and I have seen so far for sure.
Anyhow, stats are all well. I only gained 1.5 lbs in the past 2 weeks. I was surprised that I didn't gain anymore but I'll take it.
I finally visited the birthing center where I'll be giving birth. It's not as big as the other center in Sanford but it's cozy. We'll only be there for a few hours so I don't need it to be too fancy. Since I'll be moving in with my parents in mid-July, this center is much closer than Sanford and should make for a much easier drive for us once I start labor. Nick and Gavin came with me to the center and for some reason as soon as we walked into the birthing room, Gavin said "this room is for Liam"....how did he know that? There was a boppy pillow on the bed so he could associate that with a baby but it was strange how we just walked into this building that he's never been to before and he put all the pieces together.
Kaleen, my midwife, went over all the scenarios where we could end up at a hospital just so we were aware. These are very rare. For example, if my water breaks and I do not start labor within 24 hours then that's a concern or if my water breaks and there's meconium (baby's first poop) in it, then that's a hospital birth. Pretty much other than that, she can handle whatever happens. I think it was good for Nick to come to this appointment and hear her talk about these things. Once you listen to her talk, she gives off this confident energy and I just know I'll be fine and I think he got it today too.
All is well. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment