We're down to just 6 weeks or less before Liam arrives. I do have the feeling that it will be less than 6 weeks. Maybe I'm saying that because part of me wants him to be born sooner than later. I feel like Liam is physically stronger or just more active than Gavin was at this time. He really hurts me at times. My midwife said that it is possible for bruising to occur on the inside and there are times when I do feel areas are sensitive. So, I am expecting him to be bigger than Gavin although I don't think my stomach is any bigger than when I was pregnant with Gavin at 34 weeks. He just seems to be taking up every little inch inside. I know he's not comfortable and he lets me know that. Last night, he was stretching and I really thought he wanted out through my belly button! I joked with Nick to get a flash light so I could flash it at him and let him know to "follow the light!". As crazy as it sounds, that was one of the remedies I read for breech babies (flash a light "down there" to show him the way out). Apparently they will follow the light. Although Liam is not breeched- thank God! I just figured if he was exerting that much energy, he might as well put it to good use and get himself into position.
Other than an active baby, I'm not feeling any discomfort. I actually feel pretty good physically and mentally. Yes, I do get short of breath more easily now, especially with the unbearable heat we've had in the last week but that's normal at this point.
Since last week, I have just felt a calm come over me about the labor and delivery process. I never really had any real "fears" about it but now I feel so confident and calm that I totally understand how women are able to birth at home. I have full trust in my body. I can't explain how I exactly got to this point but I did and I'm very happy about it. It's probably related to all the midwifery/birth experience readings I've done for the upcoming book chapter I'm writing. I have been continously reading about all of these positive, natural, unmedicated births that have happened all over the world and it has been an empowering process.
Although I know my family does not fully understand why I am choosing to deliver outside a hospital, they have at least been good about not bringing up any negative comments about it. My next appointment is next week and I'll be taking my mom with me so she can see the birth center, meet my awesome midwife and get familiar with the process. Exciting stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment