Nick and I had a breastfeeding class tonight. We were dreading it a little bit. Nick didn't really want to go because he didn't see the point of him going to a breastfeeding class. I felt obligated to go even though I knew I wouldn't learn much more than I already know. I've read books and online forums but I still didn't feel confident about the process especially the first few days. In hindsight, I know that what we did in the first week really set us up for breastfeeding "failure" with Gavin so I wanted to make sure we knew what to do right off the bat with Liam. Now, we are both glad that we went. It was good for both of us to be there. I think Nick learned a lot and is much better prepared to support me in this process. I wish my mom would have been there too. The lactation consultant said next time I should bring her too since she will be part of the immediate support team (we'll be under the same roof by then).
So, while we attended this class, my sister Stacy came over to our house to watch Gavin. This is the first time that we have had someone watch Gavin at our house. We've never had a baby sitter other than my mom. We didn't think it would be a problem since Gavin is at home and he knows and loves Stacy. Stacy said he did really well and went right to bed when she told him it was bed time. However, she said he woke up about 30 minutes after going to bed and he asked where his mama and his daddy were! She said he asked for a "mama kiss and a daddy kiss". Aaawww! He missed us. My heart melted when she told me this.
She did record some of Gavin's "performances" of the night. He sang all kinds of songs for her. Here are my two favorites:
No comments:
Post a Comment