This morning we decided to head out of the house early to check out some of the community garage sales in the area. There were SO many communities with signs out so we thought the selection would be good. On the "wish list" were a double stroller and maybe a dresser for the kids' room. We found neither and I got frustrated driving around. Nick said "you're really not a garage-sale person"....because I didn't want to stop the car to walk around all the different houses. It's just weird to walk around and look at people's junk. And it was mostly junk. Like Nick said you really should have enough stuff to justify having a garage sale and you have to have something to attract people and most houses didn't have it. We didn't find many people with kids and the ones who did have kids had girls and it was just a whole lot of pink stuff. So, I will continue to check craigslist for stuff. This wouldn't be so hard if I wasn't such a stroller snob but I'm pretty picky about strollers. I was the same way with the single stroller and Nick and I are still very happy about our Zippy purchase. I don't want to regret buying a double so I have a very short list of strollers that I'm willing to spend money on and all I find on craigslist are the ones I don't want.
We were still in a shopping "mood" so we finally went shopping for Nick. While we were at Marshalls shopping, a woman stopped and asked Nick if he went to UCF (he was wearing a UCF shirt and Gavin was wearing his UCF jersey). It turns out she also went to UCF and was happy to find fellow alumni "so far up north" as she said. That's the second alumni we've met in 2 days. The front desk nurse at the pediatrician's office is also a UCF alum. We stood in the middle of the Marshalls aisle for a good 15 minutes talking to this couple. They also have a 2 year old and she's due any day now so she was asking me how life with two kids has been so far. We got along so well that we exchanged phone #'s to hopefully have a playdate soon since they live really close to us. This is a rare event--- I can never really "click" with other moms but in those 15 minutes I knew they were on the same page as we were. I hope that it works out! :)
When we came home we went to the playground with Gavin to tire him out. Today was one of those trying days for both Nick and I. He wasn't "bad", he just would not shut up. I am not exaggerating when I say that he was talking or singing or humming every minute of today! Even when we asked him to be quiet, he would repeat over and over "you want me to be quiet?" like he didn't understand what we were saying and then just kept talking or would pick a song. He has also started the phase where he wants to pretend to be someone else and then wants us to play along. Today, we were the "Wonder Pets". Gavin was pretending to be "Linny", Daddy is "Tuck" and I'm supposed to be "Ming Ming" (the characters from the show). So the playground was very necessary today. We took a family trip to the playground.
Here are some clips:
Again...it was a "Wonder Pets" day so he sang the theme song a lot!
Learning to swing himself....
We have convinced Gavin that the bucket swings are the "big boy" swings because he can swing higher on those. :)
1 comment:
I think Gavin did great climbing up the rock wall to the slide! Is that the nice Big park near you home? Or the park in your neighborhood. Love it! Make Gavin come to life and we can hear his voice. I don't know these songs......I am in trouble!
Post a Comment