Saturday, September 29, 2012

29 weeks

On Thursday I got my weekly pregnancy email and it said "29 weeks" and for some reason I could not believe it.  I went back to the calendar and counted just to make sure it was right.  I can't believe I'm close to single digit weeks left in this pregnancy.  
This past week has been different.  I've definitely felt more discomfort.  I'm still very grateful that I'm able to sleep through the night without a problem.  I'm not sleepy tired, I just get physically tired quickly.  Yesterday I got up and I was very motivated to clean the house but I didn't get past cleaning the kitchen, vacuuming, one load of laundry and moving the furniture around.  I ran out of steam.  The belly feels heavy.  I definitely waddle when I walk.  I try to make myself not to but I do.  The baby is mostly on my right side- just like Liam was.  I think the baby might be sitting pretty close to a nerve because sometimes my right leg goes to sleep/numb.  If I'm sitting for a long period of time and get up I feel a shock on my lower back and sometimes down my right leg.  Although I can't say that it's been too bad so it must not be sciatic related.  

I spoke with my midwife in FL yesterday and we had our "virtual" consult.  I'm supposed to text her my stats by tomorrow.  I took my BP today at CVS and it read high for me (142/80).  My top # has never been over 120 so I will go back to another store tomorrow without the kids and see if I get a different reading.  I haven't had any symptoms of high blood pressure so I'm pretty sure the machine was off.  Although maybe the fact that today was hectic--I cleaned, the kids were driving us a little crazy, etc--had some effect on the reading.  Tomorrow morning I get to do my glucose test.  I have to eat my special breakfast and then take my glucose level an hour later.  As far as weight, I've gained 29 lbs so far which is about 5 lbs less than what I had gained with Liam at this point.  We'll see what Kaleen says.  We decided to do these "virtual" visits rather than have another midwife in SC because I will be back in Orlando right at 37 weeks so the only way I would give birth in SC, would be due to pre-term labor which would have to be handled in a hospital anyway.  However, these virtual visits only work if all the stats are within the normal range.  So, I'm really hoping that my BP readings are normal so I don't have to worry anymore than I have to.  Just this week Nick and I were going over our contingency plans for our work and we realized that there is a good chance he might miss the birth unless I go right at 40 weeks or later.  That really made me upset.  There's very little we can do about it since my classes are the ones that go until December 14th and my due date is anywhere from December 13-16th.  That's one more reason for me to hope I go 41 weeks with this baby! :) 

I am really looking forward to our upcoming Florida trip in 2 weeks.  I'm not looking forward to the drive down or up but I think we could all use time around family.  Gavin is really looking forward to playing with his toys at Abuela's house.  The boy keeps a mental inventory of all of his toys and he knows exactly which ones he left behind.  Liam has been clingy lately so I wonder how he'll react to other people but I think getting attention from others will be good.  Soooo looking forward to it.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe when you have your next mid-wife visit you will find that your due date is a little later in Dec.? If Nick is driving to get home before the baby comes or after, maybe I'll fly up there to drive back with him. Help keep the car on the road and not flying. Let me know, I am there!
Love
Mary-Mom

Mary Downey said...

I wouldn't trust the machines at stores for BP. Buy yourself an automatic one and use it at home instead. Much more reliable. My doc told me the store reads about 10 pts higher than what you'd get at the doctor. I'll try to find the one that my sister uses on Amazon and post it to your wall. : )