This post is for you Grandma Mary. Thanks for reminding me that I had not posted pictures of the boys in a while. These were taken during dinner tonight and Daddy was working.
Gavin said Grandma and Abuela like to see him eat so he wanted me to take a picture of him while he ate. Here's him eating a carrot with dip (my first attempt at homemade ranch dressing). Through our Thursday dinners at EarthFare we've discovered that Gavin will eat tons of carrots with ranch dip. I told him I would give him carrots with ranch with his sandwich and he was excited. When I put the plate down he said, "where's the ranch?", I said that's it- pointing to the white blob and he said "that doesn't look like the ranch at IKEA."
So, I have been working every spare hour to get my dissertation done so for the past week Nick has taken over childcare duties and I have been out of the kitchen. This means that we've been eating out a lot and off our "regular" routine of real-foods (everyone's GI system has suffered as a result!). I worked for 3 days straight and Gavin kept asking Nick if they could go to IKEA. He just loves that store (as do we) and randomly he asks to go. He asked on Friday and Saturday and on Sunday Nick took the boys to Toys R Us and I got a phone call from what I thought was Nick and when I answered it, it was Gavin and he said, "Mama, are you done working so we can go to IKEA and I can get mac n cheese with yellow and orange carrots?" I felt so bad that I stopped and we went as a family. He did get his mac n cheese and carrots. We got fries and used the ranch dip which is how he knew my "ranch" dip did not look like the IKEA ranch. Mine didn't taste like ranch much either, it was more of a sour cream and onion taste but he still ate it.
Liam on the other hand is becoming my picky eater. Nick and I are going to keep an eye out to see if we notice a pattern but right now it's unpredictable it seems. One day he'll eat pasta, a few days later want nothing to do with it. Gavin loves oatmeal for breakfast and Liam is not a fan. He tried it a couple of days when I made it with coconut milk and added shredded coconut to it but now that faded too. I tried scrambled eggs and he loved them for a couple of days and now he won't have them. I gave him a hard boiled egg and he gagged when he just licked it---Nick was proud! He likes grilled cheeses one day and hates them on others. Fruit is the only consistent thing he will eat and he does eat broccoli every time. This complicates things because I find myself making multiple things trying to get him to eat. Now that I've submitted my dissertation for review I will have time to make more homemade things and figure out what I can do to get him to eat enough and regularly.
Back to IKEA....
When we walked through the As-Is section, Gavin found a piece of furniture with the instructions on it and he just stopped to "read" them. So cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment