Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It finally hit me...

Exhaustion!  I have been doing really well with this pregnancy, not feeling tired--well, not anymore than usual for me.  That was until 2 days ago.  Coincidentally that was also the day after I submitted my dissertation draft to my advisor for review.  I told Nick, maybe my body is just letting go of all the stress and I'm feeling what I was supposed to be feeling all along but was too hyped up on stress hormones to feel.  
I can't seem to get enough sleep these past few nights even though we've been going to bed earlier than usual.
I'm now 28 weeks/7 months which means I'm now entering the third trimester.  The baby is super active.  It's our third time but it still feels very weird to SEE the baby move.  It just looks like an alien trying to get out, there's no other way of putting it. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions although I haven't had any in a couple of days.  Last week, I had several back to back.  I really don't get that...it's my 3rd time, there's no reason for my body to "prepare" me for labor.  I know what it feels like.  It's still quite fresh in my mind.  I don't remember getting Braxton Hicks with Gavin, and with Liam I didn't have them until the very end.  So, these certainly came earlier than I expected.
Today Gavin said something to me about the baby and he referred to the baby as "she."  I said why did you say "she"?  and he said "because the baby might be a girl."  I said it could also be a boy and he said "yeah, it could be a boy but I think it's a girl."  So I asked him what we should name her and he replied, Gremmy.  I laughed and I said what if it's a boy, what would be a good name and he said Biam because it rhymes with Liam.  I said why not Galvin, that rhymes with Gavin and he said that was also a good name.  Gavin is convinced it's a girl.  This is not the first time he's said this.  One time he said he wanted a sister because he already had a brother.  I hope he is not too disappointed if it's a boy.

No comments: