Saturday, December 1, 2012

38 weeks

I forgot to post about my midwife appointment Thursday (38 weeks).  I finally got to see Kaleen this time.  I had not seen her since summer.  Every time I went to the office she was either at a birth or it was the other midwife's day so I missed her the couple of times that I was in town since.
Anyhow, all is looking really well.  I am measuring where I should be at this point which is good because I was afraid I would be a little under given that my weight hasn't changed much in the past few weeks.  I've gained much less weight this time around which Kaleen said it's rare b/c typically women gain more when carrying girls.  I guess it's a hormone thing.
I have not "dropped."  The baby actually goes from being low to being high without any real pattern.  According to Kaleen, this is typical third baby behavior which is why it's so unpredictable.  The baby is definitely head down.  She may be a little posterior but I've been working on my positioning to see if it helps.  Although as Kaleen said the most important thing is head down, everything else we can work around.  I was not dilated and only 50% effaced so she believes I will see her at the next appointment which is Thursday when I'll be 39 weeks.  I'm still sort of in denial about this whole thing.  I can't believe it's only a week and a half away.  I told Nick I walk around and I know I'm *very* pregnant but I just don't believe that I'll have a baby so soon.  Today I did get a little panicky just because I haven't gotten as much work work done as I wanted to before the baby is here.  It's really hard to work at nights because I'm SO tired after the kids go to bed (even though I'm not doing much during the day b/c my mom is amazing).  So, tonight I'm in work mode and hopefully I can have a few productive nights between now and when she makes her appearance.
Nick gets back in town on Thursday or Friday so we are all hoping to have at least another week of pregnancy and no emergency calls/flights before then.
Wish me luck!!! :)

No comments: