Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Ellison- 18 months wellness appointment

Ellie also had her wellness appointment today.  This was a combined 15 months and 18 months but luckily our ped lets me control the number of vaccines so the ped didn't make me double up on the shots.  According to the ped, Ellie is "tall and skinny".  She's going by the chart because Ellie does not look "skinny" by any means.  But she is a tall girl.  She measured 33.5 inches and weighed 24.8 lbs.  She's at the 95th percentile for height and 55th percentile for weight I was told.  She also "passed" her hemoglobin test but I think barely.  The minimum is an 11 and Ellie had 11.2 but that got me thinking of her diet a bit. She's a bit picky and doesn't eat meat other than hot dogs (the things the 3rd child gets to do WAY before the others- Gavin just had his first hot dog at almost 5 and Ellie gets them at 1...but they're organic at least :-)  After reading the paperwork they gave me at the office, I realized that I should be offering her milk to drink.  She only drinks water.  Since we drink almond milk, that's a source of protein and calcium that would be easily consumed, if she would drink it.  In the past, she's refused milk and so I just stopped offering it without much thought.  But I'll reintroduce it now and see.  Ellie has completed all the milestones expected for this age and it's a healthy girl!  

No comments: