Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Gavin's TK Grad Picture Day

Tomorrow is Gavin's graduation day from Ivybrook Academy.  The school held a picture day today where they dressed up the kids in their cap and gowns so we could take pictures of them as a class and then by themselves in hopes of alleviating the chaos tomorrow during graduation.  
It was an adorable scene when we walked in and all the kids were wearing their cap and gown all lined up on the steps ready for parents to take their pictures.  


 I loved seeing Gavin walk around in his gown.  They all looked so cute.  Of course, the kids hated them....this is ALL about the parents! :)






 Below is his "crazy" picture.  Gavin is so "conservative".  In fact, we took him to get a haircut before school and the hairstylist tried to spike his hair and he said, "no, I don't like crazy hair".
 Nick likes the picture below...
 I like this one better....it's so rare to get Liam to smile for the camera.  He was happy to feel like he was part of the festivities.
 Below is a picture of a picture of Gavin that has been hanging in the classroom (along with a pic of all of his classmates) all year long.  I love it.
 And this was the part when I finally lost it and cried.  I cried because Ms. Teresa has been a great teacher to Gavin and we'll miss her.  We just found out that this is her last class ever as she will be retiring from teaching and moving on to bigger and better things.  She is going to earn her doctorate and plans to train other teachers.  She nicknamed Gavin, "Gavilino" and she is the ONLY person allowed to call him by a/this nickname. If anyone else calls him any nickname or Gavilino, he corrects them and says Ms. Teresa is the only one allowed to call him that.  
 And where was Ellie???  Ellie took command of the classroom and walked it like she owned it. Her favorite stations are "housekeeping"- the kitchen area and the blocks/magna tiles pictured here.  It's so funny how she is not shy at all.  Today, she was waving to everyone and saying Hi and Bye as they walked by.
Tomorrow is the real deal.  There is an hour long ceremony that we can't wait to see.  I will wear waterproof-mascara just in case. :) 

No comments: