Friday, June 13, 2014

Gavin's Graduation DAY!

Today we got all dressed up for Gavin's graduation day.  We didn't forget any cameras but we did overlook the fact that there are 2 of us and 3 children (we still forget to think things through in this arena) and that the little ones were not going to sit still for the hour ceremony while we calmly took pictures and video.  So, Nick had to take child duty while I tried to capture everything on camera(s) for the grandparents.  Nick did get to see the ceremony, just from afar.  So, here's what we got.
This is the cute entrance.
Performing songs....


Gavin accepting his diploma....




Pictures:




Ms. Terry and Ms. Teresa- TK Class Teachers

Liam tells Ms. Teresa, "I'm going to Mellow Mushroom to eat pizza" (he was very excited about that)
 A group of parents decided we should go to Mellow Mushroom after the ceremony so we joined.  When I asked Gavin in the morning if he was excited about his graduation day, he said, "I'm more excited about Mellow Mushroom".  We had never been there before but they sure were excited.
 This day was a Liam day too.  Liam came out of his shell so much.  He was talking to everyone, smiling, and he was hanging out with the big kids like he was one of them.
 I put all of the pics in the following sequence because I thought it was fun to see the progression.  Ellie is always the first to be ready and then I love how she looked at her brothers like "c'mon, put your hands up"






We GOT A FAMILY PIC! This was one of my goals for the day.




Ms. Kat (left, Asst Principal) and Ms. Bonnie, Principal of Ivybrook.  Love them both! 
 These were at the restaurant.  They set up a big "Kids table) and all the kids sat together.  We were so surprised that Liam just walked over and grabbed a seat without us prompting him.  We were surprised he didn't want to sit with us...I'm telling you he was a grown kid yesterday.


 Maybe the little talk I had with Liam beforehand worked.  I told him, there couldn't be any meltdowns, crying or whining today and he must have taken it to heart.  He was an angel.





Liam talking and making jokes with Gavin and his friend.
 I only posted the pic below because Nick kept using it as "proof" that Ellie gets her scrungee smile face from me.  I say, "maybe" :)
 After the restaurant, we all went to TCBY for dessert.  I mean the WHOLE group went.  The staff at TCBY must have been like "what just got out" because once we opened the door, 12 kids just RAN to the machines.  It was a good thing there wasn't anyone else in there b/c we took over.
It was an AWESOME family day.  Just perfect. It was also a sort of farewell party for us too and it was nice we got to be with lots of Gavin's friends and their families.

No comments: