- 300 kegels per day- 100 during a.m. drive, 100 throughout the day, 100 during p.m. drive home. These have helped tremendously. I no longer have to worry about a little pee coming out when I sneeze, cough or laugh too hard.
- Tailor sitting (formerly known as sitting "Indian style")- I pretty much sit like this all the time so this one is easy for me.
- Squats- Our instructor had recommended doing regular squats every day. The Bradley method book recommended sitting in a squat position to stretch the perineum. I chose the easier method of squat-sitting. I figured I can sit in a squat much longer than I care to do squats so it will be better in the long run. I do this while I watch TV at night.
- Relaxation exercises- I've only been able to do 20 minutes/day. I'm hoping to increase the time spent on these to 45 minutes by next month. I'm just happy I've been able to set aside 20 min/day at this point. It's all about creating the habit at first.
In addition to the labor exercises, I was able to attend two workout classes this week at the gym. I got my share of regular squats at these so I'm covered for the week. I was sore again and it felt good.
It's been harder to sleep a full night this week. I've tossed and turned a lot. I have a minor muscle ache on the left side of my back that prevents me from getting comfortable. I think it's workout related and not pregnancy induced. However, our mattress is not helping. I HATE our mattress. I will wait until after I give birth to decide if indeed we should buy a new one or if it was just the pregnancy making me uncomfortable. I may need to go get a massage pretty soon.
Earlier this week I had a dream where I was holding a newborn baby who I believed to be my own. Ever since I took a dream analysis class in college, I've had the ability to "analyze" a dream while I'm still dreaming. I know it sounds strange but basically my mind will "consciously" (I'm not sure if it's consciously or subconsciously if you're dreaming) focus on what I believe to be the important part of the dream and remember it. Imagine if you could be an observer within your dream- you watch the dream happen but you're watching it from above and taking notes on what you want to remember when you wake up. Therefore, I cannot remember the entirety of the dream but I do remember me holding a baby in what seemed to be a hospital setting. In the dream I was fascinated by his face (yes, it was a boy- finally a dream with the correct sex!). I looked at the baby and thought he was a good mix between Nick and I but I did think he looked more like Nick because he was fair skinned. I can't really say if he had blond or brown hair because in the dream he had the little baby cap on his head. I wish I was a sketch artist so I can draw him and see if Gavin actually looks like him at all. Either way, I was still relieved by the feelings I felt during the dream. For starters, I was actually holding a newborn baby and I was not scared. I had a feeling of pride and absolute love for this baby. I remember noting "this must be the feeling every mother talks about."
No comments:
Post a Comment