Monday, December 22, 2008

28 weeks + 5 days

It's been a week since I've blogged and for a second I lost track of how far along I am. I had to check how far along I was when I last posted. The big day is almost 11 weeks away. I can't believe it's only 2 weeks until I'm in the single digits. The weeks do seem to fly by especially this time of the year.
Here we are, 3 days before Christmas and we have only bought 2 Christmas presents and they're really more of a stocking stuffer than an actual present. I hate shopping and I especially hate shopping on a timeline when I have no clue what to get. I also hate it when someone who you didn't expect to give you a gift, buys you a gift and now I feel guilty so I have to add them to the list. I think this is why I can't ever get into the Christmas spirit until Christmas day- when it's all over.
Having said that, Nick and I went Christmas shopping this weekend. However, we ended up buying all kinds of stuff for ourselves. Not gifts per se, we bought stuff for the house. Nick has been "nesting" and wants to make sure that our house is ready by February. The second floor of our house is barren so he wants to have it nice enough where we're not embarrassed to have people upstairs. Plus, we need to make sure our upstairs bedroom (or shall I say- mother in law suite!) is ready by February. Nick painted the bathroom upstairs last week and has been doing random fix-ups around the house. We're getting there.

So, what's new?
1. Gavin now kicks when I'm hungry which justifies what I've been telling Nick all along: when I'm hungry, he's hungry!
2. He is big enough now that sometimes he kicks me in the ribs or it feels like his foot is stuck there. Last week, Nick felt the foot (like a rock) right below my rib cage
3. We picked new nursery bedding. I know I'm very fickle when it comes to decor. We've decided on "123 Jungle" by Kidsline. The bad thing is that Babies R' Us still doesn't carry this line so it's not on my registry. I think Nick and I will be buying it soon enough anyway. I can't wait to see the nursery all put together.
4. The daily relaxation exercises are great and I feel like I'm getting faster at it. What I mean is it feels like it's taking less time to get to the "happy place". If anything is allowing me to sleep through the night and I'm grateful for that.

Pictures to come on Wednesday- the 29th week.

No comments: