Monday, July 26, 2010

50

words that is.  Gavin has a few more words in his vocabulary now:

34. All done/gone
35. Abby (from Sesame Street)
36.  circle
37. baseball
38. tractor
39. ashes (b/c of the song "Ring around the Rosie"- that's all he can sing "ashes, ashes, ashes")
40. Minnie (Mouse)
41. sky
42. sun
43. butterfly
44. bye-bye
45. sticker (thanks to his swim instructor who gives him one after every lesson)
46. morning (his answer to "Good Morning")
47. uh-oh
48. wow!  (one, if not my favorite of his)
49. hi
50. heart (as in the shape, not the organ)

Gavin has also perfected the body parts.  He can point to his (or our) eyes, mouth, ears, nose, tongue, teeth, toes, hands, belly button, and hair.  He even knows them in Spanish which still amazes me because I don't practice them with him that much.  I'm trying to talk to him as much Spanish as I can.  I think some words are just easier to say in English but he recognizes them in Spanish as well.  That's more than I expected from him at this age.  He is truly a sponge.

No comments: